1984 seems so long ago... My mother, Shirley Haddon Gates Micklem, had asked me if I would be interested in being an electrologist and offered to train me.  I wan't sure at first if I would like being so close to people's skin and touching them, but when I observed my very first electrolysis treatment, I was hooked!  After completing the training under her, I went to electrolysis and esthetics school in South Carolina. I learned so much, and began studying esthetics, with an interest in facial rejuvenation.  It wasn't long before I was working with a good part-time clientel.  I have always been fascinated with the electrolysis - challenging and satisfying.  It was so exciting to be able to treat the hair from inside the follicle, giving enough heat to kill the root without much discomfort at all!

I made up my mind to be as good as my mom, who had at that time almost 15 years experience.  I worked very hard to be the best, and my clientel grew quickly.  I soon became an expert with the finest accelerated hairs and also with coarse and ingrown hair.  I remember one time I had done 12 straight hours of electrolysis in one day (evidently my clients wanted to be completely hairless).  Mom had run out for food and later for ice cream for me and my clients to help me keep up with my schedule.  I was so exhaused when I went home after 10pm that night... the next morning when I came in to work, I found a paper cup with a line of straws together taped to my magnifying lamp.  A little paper sign was attached to the cup with an arrow pointed into the cup - "fill here" - I laughed and was proud that she made such a big deal of my big day.

In 1998, after 14 years working alongside my mom, I opened my own business in Colonial Heights.  My business was very successful, and grew so quickly I needed to hire more people to work under me.  My little skin spa now offers everything from electrolysis to facials, eyelash extensions to permanent makeup, body slimming treatments to massage, and advanced anti-aging treatments - Angel Touch Electrolysis & Skin Spa has 7 treatment rooms, and with the addition of the school, promises to keep me pretty busy!

In 2004, my mom passed away.  She left me my heritage, as she called it - my electrolysis and skin care knowledge and skill.  She would be very proud of me today.  It would all not be possible without her influence and encouragement - Thanks, Mom!  Love you & Miss You...

Comments

04/07/2015 3:48am

Thank you very much for the information provided! I was looking for this data for a long time, but I was not able to find the trusted source..

08/12/2015 3:14am

Interesting!! I never considered it that way. I came across this site as of late which I suppose it will be an incredible utilization of new plans and informations.

10/09/2015 3:43am

Great post. I love the post, such a nice and informative post. Thanks for sharing with us.

12/23/2015 1:29am

I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this information So i am happy to express that I have a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I most indubitably will make certain to don?t overlook this website and give it a glance regularly

I was very pleased to discover this website. I want to to thank you for your time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new things in your blog.

02/13/2016 7:25am

I'm extremely pleased to discover this site. I wanted to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely liked every little bit of it and I have you book marked to check out new things on your website.

02/24/2016 12:22am

I want to point out my respect for your kindness supporting persons who absolutely need guidance on the issue. Your real dedication to getting the message all-around ended up being really valuable and has constantly encouraged many people just like me to achieve their ambitions. Your entire important instruction denotes a great deal a person like me and a whole lot more to my peers. Warm regards; from everyone of us.

03/03/2016 10:38am

You have very interesting job and you like it. I guess you are a happy person.

03/25/2016 12:03am

I’m doing I’m on to the floor again obviously I have my man Kelly Felix you're throwing little reflector fall smooth and developing use of usually an umbrella here one mild really this to lifestyle is the outside I Halocel

03/26/2016 12:01am

those may fit, in reality I encourage you to do all three, but in terms of getting rid of or avoiding DOMS from occurring, I say no way, note, isn’t going to occur in my globe. Why? Because DOMS are, in my http://bestbody-buildingworkouts.com/

03/27/2016 7:41am

Thanks for your suggestions. One thing we've noticed is that banks plus financial institutions know the spending behaviors of consumers and as well understand that a lot of people max out their cards around the vacations. They wisely take advantage of this particular fact and then start flooding ones inbox as well as snail-mail box along with hundreds of Zero APR credit card offers right after the holiday season concludes. Knowing that if you are like 98% of the American public, you'll get at the possiblity to consolidate financial debt and transfer balances towards 0 annual percentage rates credit cards.

03/27/2016 10:53pm

everything you consume more effectively than usual. Generally, you must make sure to drink more water to keep your-self hydrated and get out of hungry mode. By doing this you will provide yourself idea on how to create abs quick. You have just learnt three confirmed techniques that you can use immediately. Be sure to use these confirmed techniques because they do execute and i personally have http://bestbodybuilding-training.com/

03/28/2016 11:00pm

to your casing. Shouldn't something be said about JUNK FOOD O.K. I understand that I didn't put in any garbage sustenance. I additionally understand that most young fellows like hanging out with their companions and will end up at the periodic fast food put, no issue. A fast food burger now and again is not going to do you any mischief. What I would avoid nonetheless, is the unmitigated garbage Http://fitness-focuses.com/

03/29/2016 11:07pm

the fat surrounding your abdominal cavity and chest place will create having a six package that stands out much simpler to obtain. We now know a walls of fat is a purpose a six package may not display as defin http://powerlifting-classic.com/

03/30/2016 11:05pm

levels in the blood, muscle cells will also regenerate quicker, resulting to an improved muscle durability and efficiency. Bodybuilders and expert sportsmen can look forward to better durability and endurance in their muscle cells due to frequent consumption of HGH products. They may experience additional http://muscles-chemist.com/

04/01/2016 11:29pm

Diet plan to make sure success but what they don't tell you is that if you followed the appropriate diet plan and did some basic abs exercises the outcomes would be exactly the same as with the machines http://muscletips-college.com/

04/03/2016 11:40pm

tissue. Like brought up leg ab exercises, you begin super ab exercises by lying smooth on your back on the floor. Raise your feet so that they're bent at a 90 degree angle and parallel with the ceiling. Next, take both legs toward your head while you're exhaling and crisis your primary. Ensure that you're http://pretraining-fitness.com/

04/04/2016 11:13pm

your chest!), and sit BACK and down into the go. That backwards motion with your hips is important for bringing your hamstrings and glutes into the equation and allowing you to raise some serious bodyweight. You'll never go big if you just be worried about your quads! Once the crease of your hip is http://muscle-preparation.com/

04/07/2016 4:10am

drawbacks of the procedure. Moreover, hiring a profession will play an important role in this too. Another good purpose why some large getting programs never jobs are because of the diet technique plan choice. Muscle developing needs not constant and bulk feeding but consuming healthily. To develop large, you will need to eat meals that are more nutritious and include calories intake with a http://muscle-growthhelp.com/

04/07/2016 6:02am

Exceptional article show us as well as this blog is excites even more people to reviewing that blog.

04/11/2016 6:49pm

Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

04/14/2016 12:16am

nutrient consumption the same, no not at all. You need to get nutrient consumption from quality foods resources and not any nutrient consumption from ice creams, foods that are fried etc. These nutrient

04/21/2016 4:41am

Hi, yeah this post is in fact nice and I have learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging. Thanks.

04/28/2016 12:51am

Technique as compared to other promotion resources. However, a great variety of MLM promoters are not able to properly make use of such an efficient device, leading to the failing of their Internet marketing and eventually their MLM company. These mistakes are often common and must be strictly

04/28/2016 8:28am

Do you have any other things that we need to use?

Tary 1938
04/30/2016 1:38am

Bellaplex because there's a little scare around my face to show it's in focus and I'm easily distracted :P Now the star of the (with the lipstick!) is the Laura Mercier Highlighter in I bought it yesterday and I've been wearing it daily since :P and I'm in love! If you like natural looking highlights - less frosty more glows from within you need this! I'll

04/30/2016 1:55am

Bellaplex Specifically is doing exercises That just work one muscle group things like bicep curls things like crunches These last situps you do not be too weak as with exiles and I can run geek with That it's your website prior but Might Be Doing Things That Both compounds minutes well me but Specifically is doing exercise That vol lot moderates Things That people up more than massacre That things like school us things like pushups things like birdies things like doing bench presses lunges all those things people all one

Piceat 1959
05/02/2016 12:47am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia embassy and this is just tea leaves and so you whos pour out the TX international you what it looks like so you up or out the T and there are little tea bags you can purchase you can Also use an infuser om it smells amazing I but the cool thing about prep drinking current calendar tea is That We get a lot of health benefits so green tea is packed with anti-oxidants all the different

05/02/2016 9:47pm

This is the best of european football where everyone want to watch and the schedule of next games.

Unpled 42
05/03/2016 12:13am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia yourself to key 1 this is something nice I eat honey varied regular basis and is a really great part have a healthy diet to meet or not to meet that is probably one of the most controversial questions out there in terms of health in terms of diet and me have to recognize that at this point researchers indicated that eating huge amounts a red-meat and eating process me like hot dogs

Alest 1945
05/04/2016 12:30am

Bellaplex is called feeling beautiful facial masks I have the clay men in linen one and I have the anti-stress Dead Sea minerals one not sure which one I prefer I use this one a lot more than this one this one spare lean on but this one is supposed to clear break out and minimize the appearance of pores in this one purified and clear spores so I really know if he's working that amazingly I don't think there at the status on the

Boll 1969
05/04/2016 11:46pm

premium cleanse high fructose corn syrup avoid things that contain huge amounts of sugar and we definitely want to avoid the artificial sweeteners so thats aspartame any of those little colored packets that you find others the white packet that says sugar and then there's a couple other ones that are different colors and nose are your artificial sweeteners so before looking for something sweet our best bet

05/05/2016 6:56pm

It’s hard to find educated people for this subject, but you seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

Forever living products is a multi network marketing company which is started in 1978 with best record of success.

05/05/2016 11:42pm

Bellaplex knew when I took my makeup of that usually how it looks I had a lot of scarring because I don't know about you guys but I am a picker I will pop any that that is on my face no matter what it looks like I'm just want those people that I E I will literally sit there for an hour and just get everything off my faith that if it's a horrible habit I know I shouldn't do it but I do I know it's bad I don't recommend you guys

05/06/2016 11:41pm

premium cleanse anywhere so this is the third video in my healthy snacks for weight loss series in this video I'm actually showing new the healthy snacks I like to eat now in the first two videos we look at packaged snacks and in the first video feel a bit salty the second video we look this week and I ask you guys to let me know what you prefer sweet or salty and in this video I'm not show you

05/16/2016 1:13am

I've made $64,000 so far this year w0rking 0nline and I'm a full time student. I'm using an 0nline business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great m0ney. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out aboutit. Here’s what I've beendoing…

05/17/2016 10:38pm

Thanks for sharing this information and I’ll love to read your next post too.

05/24/2016 4:12am

Milk and protein powder. That is about all I eat and it is by all accounts working marvels for me, despite the fact that I am hereditarily inclined to be over weight. Simply include a minor piece of low sodium hot sauce to the lion's share of your suppers like the sweet potatoes and white tuna or the chestnut rice and

06/09/2016 12:15am

Hi, Neat post. There's a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would check this… IE still is the market leader and a good portion of people will miss your fantastic writing due to this problem.

We’re here to lighten that load. When it comes to removalists in Perth, we’re the only ones who have you covered.

07/10/2016 7:53pm

Best and the most trusted mortgage bank. It will help you get you approved at the lowest possible rate.

08/25/2016 12:30am

nice post friend , Thank you for sharing with us, and we sincerely hope you will continue to update or post other articles

I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me.

Highly qualified information because it can provide useful info thanks.

Oftentimes, the image of a stressed, tired, and problematic homeowner is associated with the process of moving.

ap inter 2nd year results 2017

02/26/2017 7:03am

it could be possible that you can get free xbox live gold codes.

02/27/2017 2:29am

I always like to read a quality content having accurate information regarding the subject and the same thing I found in this post. Nice work.

04/06/2017 3:50pm

Montessori Classics is a home-based preschool and kindergarten for children from 2.5 to 6 years of age.
Our beautiful learning materials and the loving teacher surround children as they fulfil their profound need to learn. Being exposed at their most sensitive periods to such an enriched environment, children develop their abilities to a high level, without pressure and through freedom of choice. All areas of learning are brought together so that the child understands life as a whole.

05/20/2017 6:11am

Older children may oppose the idea of a babysitter. If your children are in the 4th to 6th grade, or even in middle school, they may feel they are too old for a babysitter. They might even feel they should be babysitting themselves.